Numbers 19-22: What is your Egypt?

by, Gayle Myatt

Israel had been in bondage in Egypt for as long as they could remember.  During this time they had longed for the land that God had promised to Abraham.  There they would find freedom and blessing but the path to get there was not going to meet their expectations.  They had to leave the familiar and follow a man who led them into a desert where their surroundings were new and uncomfortable.

Many years ago in the spring of 1986, my life was changing into what my heart had longed and prayed for for many years.  The Lord was bringing my husband to Himself.  The process brought changes that were unanticipated by me.  i had to repent of sin the Lord was revealing to me along this journey.  There were precious women in Bible study with me who had been praying for my husband for years.  In the midst of my whining at one of our meetings, precious Carole Austell leaned forward and asked me - Do you want to go back to Egypt?  Stopped in my tracks, I realized I was complaining about my lack of comfort on my way to my heart’s desire.  What a foolish Israelite I was!!

There have been many other Egypts in my life.  Places of familiarity that were easy to stay in.  Places I didn’t want to leave because the path ahead was unknown but I am learning to trust the One who is leading me.


What is your Egypt?  You can trust Him to lead you through the desert to the Promised Land.  The journey is always worth it.

Comments

  1. So sweet. Thank you! Oh how forgetful we can be. I am so thankful for friends like those who remind us of truth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts