Happy Half-Way Point!

Good morning, Friends!

Congratulations!! You've made it halfway through our Shower Challenge! (I missed the actual half-way point, so I hope you'll let me celebrate it today anyway.) I'm so proud of you for persevering in your Bible reading in the summer months. It is not easy.

For the past 8 days I have been out of town taking my oldest son to school. We had a few rough nights of sleep, followed by crack o'dawn mornings and I missed a few days of my reading. (You may have noticed that I completely forgot to edit the calendar!) BUT... his mercies are new EVERY morning and as I settle back into routine, he draws me into his presence again. He has carried me and kept my feet steady even though my own unfaithfulness has prevailed for a few days.

Providentially, isn't Proverbs 4 a perfect halfway celebration!? My ESV Bible subtitles this chapter "A Father's Wise Instruction." Let's drink in a few of the phrases mentioned here.

v.1 - be attentive that you may gain insight
v.2 - for I give you good precepts
v.4 - hold fast my words, keep my commandments and live
v.5 - Get wisdom... do not forget
v.6 - Love her and she will guard you
v.8 - Prize her highly and she will exalt you; she will honor you if you embrace her.
v.12 - When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble.
v.13 - guard her, for she is your life

Isn't this the key to life!? Isn't this everything we could dream of in our human world on earth!? God, our heavenly Father, refers to his own words as a woman to be loved and cherished. And if we do, look at what he promises us in return - wisdom, insight, protection, value, honor, security, and life. Oh friend, do we understand this really!? The Lord calls us to obey his words by listening, trusting, and obeying. He does not call us to grand gestures or a list of works. He calls us to a steady life of treasuring his word. The Shower Challenge my be another part of your long life of pursuing the step of the Holy Spirit of God. The Shower Challenge my also be the beginning of a life seeking to keep in step with the Holy Spirit of God. Either way, it is good to be in the word of God. May each moment we spend listening to Him, be a moment of transformation into a faithful, obedient daughter of the wise and generous King!

Love in Christ,
kim


Comments

Popular Posts